10 Day Concentrated Detoxification Program
IPMA provides a 10-day, Concentrated Detoxification Program which incorporates the advantages of Precision Medicine, intravenous therapies to replenish neurotransmitters and diminish psychological symptoms and cravings, as well as other state-of-the-science therapies such as neurofeedback and laser acudetox.
We offer these services in conjunction with Life Line Counseling Center (lifelinerecovery.com), located in Fairfax, Virginia, who have a well-deserved reputation for providing excellent intensive outpatient treatment and family therapy for substance use disorders as well as a wide array of treatments for recovery from various, related psychological problems.
These combined missions of IPMA and Lifeline Counseling Center provide an authentic holistic recovery experience of mind, body, and spirit. As many so-called “mental” disturbances are primarily caused and/or exacerbated by unique biochemical, allergic, immunological, genetic, behavioral and toxicological factors, as well as by substance and alcohol abuse, by addressing the personalized needs of the patients they serve, IPMA and Lifeline Counseling Center can accelerate the pace of healing.
Recovery in Stages
All of the IPMA General Services are offered to patients who seek recovery from substance abuse and other mental disorders.
If an accelerated 10-day period recovery option is chosen, patients must be accompanied by a significant other or family member when not receiving direct care from IPMA or from the Life Line Counseling Center. Various lodging alternatives are provided for those who come from distant locations (separate charge).
Precision Medicine Testing/Analysis is performed at admission (labs test fees mostly covered by most insurance plans) and all patients are treated with the same respect and dignity as if they were in recovery from any other physically-based disorder such as cancer or heart disease.
The First Visit services provided are (Out-Patient):
1) Precision Medicine-based Medical/Health History and Physical Exam
2) Extensive Functional and Precision Medicine-based and Other Laboratory Assessments will be ordered (mostly covered by most insurance plans)
3) Coaching Assessment of Lifestyle Factors (sleep, exercise, stress management, water quality and quantity, macronutrients [e.g., whole foods] and diet, etc.), which is all focused on recovery
4) Baseline Supplements, prescribed at admission (e.g., B vitamins, probiotics, enzymes), are recommended for all patients, but those which gear towards rapid neurotransmitter replenishment are stressed
5) Assessment of Medication (if any) from a Precision Medicine (Pharmacogenomic) Perspective. Addictive medications are given close scrutiny and alternative medications may be prescribed.
6) Refills of Medication (if any) are provided if necessary, even those which are addictive, so that withdrawal symptoms are minimized.
7) Prescribed Medications may be recommended on 1st visit (e.g., yeast treatments) which are directly causative of mood instability, which compels patient to medicate symptoms with psychotropic substances.
8) Special attention will be focused on Precision Medicine Genetic testing, which is especially relevant to recovery, as a strong genetic component is causative of virtually all addictions and mood disorders.
9) Neurofeedback is especially effective in recovery, and a free optimizer treatment can quickly demonstrate immediate relief from stress, cravings and other symptoms.
10) Intravenous (IV) treatments can be initiated on the first visit (separate charge) even prior to diagnostic information about neurotransmitter depletions, which can very rapidly restore the neurotransmitter deficiencies caused by substance abuse or causing mood disorders and/or psychological symptoms.
11) Informatics reconstruction of lab results (lab tests prior to admission and new labs) will be provided in an easily readable and teachable format, used to educate patients about their recovery of body, complementing a recovery of mind and spirit.
12) Free educational videos and other information.
Based on this initial assessment, referrals may also be made for Dental Assessments, Neurofeedback Mapping, Psychological Assessment, Sleep Apnea testing and treatment, Exercise Physiology, Chiropractic, Physical Therapy, Colon Hydrotherapy, Hyperbaric Oxygen, Energy Medicine, Massage/Lymphatic Drainage and other Treatments.
2nd Clinical Assessment – Services Provided by IPMA usually within 21 days.
Because of the delay in receiving laboratory results which identify the unique biophysical abnormalities causing symptoms, even after a 10-day accelerated detoxification has been completed, and aftercare has already been established, a dramatic refinement of recovery is likely, since symptoms are primarily based on biophysical parameters which take time to identify. This information is often the critical missing link which decides whether or not a sustainable recovery can be achieved.
A Precision Medicine assessment of current laboratory data and comparison to previous data (if available) will be presented in an Informatics, easily readable and teachable format. The initial treatment plan from the 1st visit will be modified based on the new laboratory data to address the following 7 kinds of problems:
1) Metabolic (e.g., blood sugar imbalances)
2) Immune, inflammatory and autoimmune factors (e.g., arthritis)
3) Allergic factors (e.g., food allergies)
4) Toxicity-related results (e.g., heavy metals, plastics)
5) Infectious disease problems (e.g., Lyme and other tick-borne factors, candida)
6) Nutritional Deficiencies (e.g., amino acid precursors for neurotransmitter regeneration)
7) Genetic vulnerabilities which strongly predispose to mental disorders and substance use disorders
Based on the additional Precision Medicine data above, the following interventions may be included to modify the treatment plan.
8) Coaching Assessment of Lifestyle Factors (sleep, exercise, stress management, water intake, macronutrients and diet, etc.) will be reviewed, assessed for progress and integrated with laboratory test data, which will be integrated into a comprehensive recovery plan.
9) Additional Orders for Additional Laboratory Assessments may be ordered (mostly covered by most insurance plans).
10) Mindfulness-based Psychotherapies may be introduced.
11) Continued reassessment of Medication (if any)
12) Targeted (based on diagnostic testing) intravenous nutritional treatments and chelation therapies (separate charge), which focus on the unique causes of addiction and/or compulsive behaviors and mental disturbances, will be recommended.
13) Dental Assessment – Referrals made if necessary.
14) Neurofeedback Mapping (separate charge) always recommended for all mental disorders and substance use disorders.
15) Psychological Assessment – Referrals made if necessary.
16) Referrals may be necessary for Sleep Apnea testing and treatment, Exercise Physiology, Chiropractic, Physical Therapy, Colon Hydrotherapy, Hyperbaric Oxygen, Energy Work Massage/Lymphatic Drainage, other Interventions, in order to enhance the value of the recovery experience
3rd Visit and subsequent clinical assessments within 10 days to a few to several months after the second assessment.
Because of the “Precise” information now available, a financial estimate of additional costs of IPMA services which can optimize recovery can be estimated. These interventions are usually achieved within a 2 week to 6 week window after the second assessment, depending on the severity of abnormalities causing symptoms, and they are usually designed to address the following:
1) The symptoms of Lyme and co-infections are often a cause of mental disorders compelling some individuals to medicate their symptoms. Treatments provided are (in the following orders of preference):
- Homeopathic Treatments
- Herbal Treatments
- IgG Human Immunoglobulin Treatments (IV and SQ)
- Colloidal Silver Treatments
- Other Treatments such as Saunas and IV ozone and other IV Therapies
Medication (last resort)
2) Genomic analysis which can be delayed and results may not be available up to 8 weeks after admission.
3) Unanticipated complications in Rx, necessitating an extensive reappraisal of the treatment plan, such as the emergence of new medical of psychiatric symptoms.
4) Confusion about treatment objectives or motivational problems, often requiring additional coaching support.
5) Symptom non-resolution, or chronic relapsing (may require inpatient treatment or higher level of care)
Final Visit for Services Provided by IPMA usually within 3 to 6 months
If symptoms have resolved to the satisfaction of the patient, and an enduring recovery has been established, further treatment at the in-depth level of a Precision Medicine intervention may not be required.
Many patients will continue to return for “tune-ups,” which are reasonable as the Precision Medicine technologies are rapidly becoming more sophisticated and improved care may become available. The emergence of new symptoms or relapses on psychotropic drugs may recur, especially if the long term recommendations which address the genetic and metabolic causes of symptoms are not adhered to. New stressors appear in life, which can exacerbate health problems. IPMA staff will be available for long term care at all phases of life for the patients that IPMA serves.